Alberta Association of Chiefs of Police (AACP)
The purpose of the AACP is to provide the law enforcement leadership of Alberta the opportunity regularly meet in order to share criminal intelligence, emerging crime trends, and to discuss common public safety concerns and resolutions on any law enforcement related matter impacting the citizens of Alberta.
To be the trusted leaders in public safety and policing excellence.
We are police leaders working with decision-makers and partners to advocate for innovative solutions to community well-being and public safety in Alberta.
These are the values that we demonstrate in our decision-making and our behaviors with our members, partners and stakeholders.
- Develop and advocate for best practices and standards in the interest of policing, public safety and community well-being.
- Provide a trusted platform for discussion and networking among public safety and police leaders from across Alberta.
- Facilitate the professional development of future police leaders.
- Advise Alberta Justice and Solicitor General on policing standards and training.
- Leverage members to bring key partners and stakeholder to address common goals.
- Identify issues impacting community safety.
- Be a member of the governing body for ALERT (Alberta Law Enforcement Response Team) and Police Executive Committee (PEC) of Criminal Intelligence Service Alberta (CISA).